Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our weekend project

When we moved in, we bought 5 of the 6 window coverings we needed, but never bought the one for second bedroom window. So Michael went to Home Depot this weekend and bought the last set of blinds. It turned into an all weekend project instead of a 2 hour (or less) project.

Here's some pictures from the fun times:

Hanging the brackets (with screws that didn't want to go in)

  
After hanging the blinds

Removing slats because it was too long

The extra string after removing the extra slats

All Finished!

There were some gouges in the top of the window frame, so we're glad that the blinds covered them up. If we ever move though, we will definitely be leaving this blind with the house. Even if we wanted to take it, I don't think the screws would come out of the window frame. It took us FOREVER to get them in.
I also have a new respect for the handyman that I married. He put up the other 5 blinds in one afternoon, and it took both of us about 5 hours to put this one up. I don't know if we were trying to screw them in through metal or what exactly made it take so long, but it took us a long time and we both were getting very frustrated. Luckily we are done with blinds until we finish the basement, and that will be at least another 2 years or so since we're storing some stuff down there until my parents return from Russia. :)


1 comment:

  1. Looks professional - sorry I am in Russia and couldn't come and help. I'm also glad Mike is so handy. I look forward to seeing the blinds and the backyard in Fall 2012 - then maybe I can help work in the basement as the storage items should be gone.

    ReplyDelete