Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day (a few days late)!

Happy Mother's Day!
My Mom is in Russia this year for Mother's day, and it's a little hard to not have her around. If I have a simple question, I can't just call her (since she'd probably be asleep. Darn 13 time zones). I have to send an email and then wait a day or two for a response.
We were able to talk to both Mom and Dad for about an hour Sunday morning. It was really nice. Technology is amazing (and Sr. couples have quite a bit of leniency), so we had the webcam over Skype, but had to talk on the phone since we didn't have a mic for our computer. She'll be there for 2 Mother's days, so we get to do the phone call thing again next year too!
Hope it was a good one, even though Russia didn't celebrate it the same time!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful talking on Mother's Day. There are some things that are harder than others while we're here. Skype made Mother's Day easier for me to deal with. Go ahead and call me (but you'll have to leave a message on Magic Jack). I'll try to respond more quickly to your emails. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete